It’s summer in Arizona and that means it’s more important than ever to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. If plain water isn’t your thing, we have the solution – delicious, all-natural water infusions! Get the water your body needs, and the flavor you want. Stay hydrated and stay healthy with these 30 easy water infusions!
A Word About Ingredients:
Water add-ins: Ingredient prep for all infusions – wash, peel (if needed), and slice or chop ingredients. Add ingredients to a large pitcher, add 2 – 3 quarts of water, cover and allow to steep overnight. Serve over ice, keeping ingredients in the pitcher to reuse 1 or more times. Remember – each time you reuse the ingredients, it may take longer to achieve the same flavor.
A word about fresh flowers and herbs – Be safe! Only use organically-grown herbs, or ones you have personally grown and know contain no pesticides. Wash the flowers and herbs thoroughly.
Quantities are up to you. Generally, whole fruit such as oranges, lemons, grapefruit, and apples need just one of each. Strong flavors like vanilla beans, cinnamon sticks, and ginger root need smaller amounts. Fresh herbs are more potent than dried. Experiment until you find the quantities and combos that are your personal favorites.
Here are some ideas for flavor combinations:
- Apple, cinnamon stick
- Apple, pear, ginger root
- Apple, raspberries, fresh rosemary
- Blackberry, fresh mint
- Blueberries, lemon, fresh mint
- Blueberries, orange, fresh lavender
- Cucumber, fresh basil
- Cucumber, lemon, fresh mint
- Cucumber, melon, fresh mint
- Cucumber, pineapple, fresh mint
- Ginger root, peach
- Grapefruit, oranges, lemons, limes
- Kiwi, Blackberries
- Lemons, fresh lavender sprigs
- Mango, fresh basil
- Mango, pineapple, fresh mint
- Orange, cinnamon stick
- Orange, vanilla bean, split (tastes like a creamsicle!)
- Peach, fresh sage
- Pear, fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- Pear, ginger root, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, split
- Pineapple, orange
- Raspberries, rose petals (organic—NO pesticides)
- Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries
- Strawberries, blackberries, fresh basil
- Strawberries, hibiscus flower (organic – NO pesticides)
- Strawberries, lime
- Vanilla bean, split, strawberries, fresh basil
- Watermelon, fresh basil leaves, lemon slices
- Watermelon, lime, fresh cilantro
What flavor combinations did you try? Got a suggestion to add to the list? Let us know!
Our top picks for water bottles and containers:
Live Infinitely Water bottle (32 oz) – Full-length infusion rod and flip-top lid. Take water with you wherever you go! BPA-free.
Vantakool Water Bottle (32 oz) BPA-free, flip-top, fits most car cup holders. Never be without hydration!
Water Pitcher (67 oz/2 liters) – Durable, BPA-free, comes with a free recipe book and ice-ball maker.
The only water Enhancer we trust:
There are a number of flavor add-ins on the market. The one we like best is all-natural and delicious!
Contact us with ideas and suggestions.
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you purchase through our links, you’re supporting BestLife.tips — and we thank you for that!
Sponsored content which helps to support this blog:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)