It’s summer in Arizona and that means it’s more important than ever to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. If plain water isn’t your thing, we have the solution – delicious, all-natural water infusions! Get the water your body needs, and the flavor you want. Stay hydrated and stay healthy with these 30 easy water infusions!
A Word About Ingredients:
Water add-ins: Ingredient prep for all infusions – wash, peel (if needed), and slice or chop ingredients. Add ingredients to a large pitcher, add 2 – 3 quarts of water, cover and allow to steep overnight. Serve over ice, keeping ingredients in the pitcher to reuse 1 or more times. Remember – each time you reuse the ingredients, it may take longer to achieve the same flavor.
A word about fresh flowers and herbs – Be safe! Only use organically-grown herbs, or ones you have personally grown and know contain no pesticides. Wash the flowers and herbs thoroughly.
Quantities are up to you. Generally, whole fruit such as oranges, lemons, grapefruit, and apples need just one of each. Strong flavors like vanilla beans, cinnamon sticks, and ginger root need smaller amounts. Fresh herbs are more potent than dried. Experiment until you find the quantities and combos that are your personal favorites.
Here are some ideas for flavor combinations:
- Apple, cinnamon stick
- Apple, pear, ginger root
- Apple, raspberries, fresh rosemary
- Blackberry, fresh mint
- Blueberries, lemon, fresh mint
- Blueberries, orange, fresh lavender
- Cucumber, fresh basil
- Cucumber, lemon, fresh mint
- Cucumber, melon, fresh mint
- Cucumber, pineapple, fresh mint
- Ginger root, peach
- Grapefruit, oranges, lemons, limes
- Kiwi, Blackberries
- Lemons, fresh lavender sprigs
- Mango, fresh basil
- Mango, pineapple, fresh mint
- Orange, cinnamon stick
- Orange, vanilla bean, split (tastes like a creamsicle!)
- Peach, fresh sage
- Pear, fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- Pear, ginger root, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, split
- Pineapple, orange
- Raspberries, rose petals (organic—NO pesticides)
- Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries
- Strawberries, blackberries, fresh basil
- Strawberries, hibiscus flower (organic – NO pesticides)
- Strawberries, lime
- Vanilla bean, split, strawberries, fresh basil
- Watermelon, fresh basil leaves, lemon slices
- Watermelon, lime, fresh cilantro
What flavor combinations did you try? Got a suggestion to add to the list? Let us know!